- Set clear boundaries. Students must know where the line is as there is less of an argument when they cross it.
- Consistency. Follow through on your actions and always try to keep the same set of rules at all times
- Develop good relationships with your students. Knowing one little thing about a student can be key to building relationships
- Always use the systems in place; in our case the G system. The systems are brilliant as they take away the need to create your own and provide consistency across the school.
- Praise. Behaviour is not all about punishing, you need to reward excellent behaviour to set an example for others.